The New 2012 Collection :: Twigs & Honey

Posted on | Tuesday, February 14, 2012 | 7 Comments

Our new collection took over a year - yes - over a year to complete and we couldn't be happier with the results. I personally wanted to slow some things down this year... specifically, I wanted the designs to be nurtured and created with time as opposed to being rushed together. Most of the new styles began as a concept, then a sketch. After I made a sample, I would tweak for weeks or months until it was perfect. I'll admit that some styles didn't make the cut. But after an absolutely crazy year for the business on many levels, I really wanted the core of what Twigs & Honey has been built on, to truly shine.

Some of the pieces in the latest collection feature brand new techniques for us that we've been learning over the last year or more. In addition, we revamped our entire website to help showcase the new designs AND because we wanted a site that reflected the direction we're heading and which was different than others out there. To view the new collection, click HERE.

Some favorites:


210d


222s


223gg


248e


207j


213a


247h


228c


220a


236e


239f



I truly have to thank an amazing team of women that helped make the shoot come together.

Elizabeth Messina: Elizabeth and I have been working together for several years now and I couldn't be more grateful to be friends with such an inspirational and kind individual. Her photography captures the most beautiful moments in life. Elizabeth and I have been working on another huge project for the past year and there will be more on that later.

Erin Skipley: Erin is one of the most talented makeup and hair experts I know. I met her in France a couple years ago and feel so lucky to know her. She is not only amazing at what she does, she is an absolute delight to be around.

Claire Pettibone: Claire Pettibone's designs are simply put, out of this world. They are the prettiest creations a bride will ever put on. Her designs ooze femininity and romance. I feel so lucky to have been able to dress our model in her ultra pretty designs.

Leanne Marshall: Leanne is one of the most innovative designers I know. Her designs are matched by her pure and raw talent in the art of dressmaking and draping. She is the real deal. I've adored her work since before her Project Runway win and will continue to fawn over her designs for years to come.

Dominique: Our gorgeous model. Dominique is sooo endearing. She's a ball full of sweet energy. Just love this girl. Everyone loves her after they meet her. I'm sure that you will be seeing much more from this emerging talent in the years to come!

Amy Stewart: Amy, my big sis, made gorgeous jewelry for us to use in styling the shoots. She is quite the talent so be sure to check out her shop HERE.

I also want to thank, Nora, who was the nicest woman ever on the day of the shoot. She helped with so much! I want to thank the better half, Matt, for helping during the shoot (but before and after as well!).

photo credits: Elizabeth Messina
Hair/Makeup: Erin Skipley
Dresses: Leanne Marshall and Claire Pettibone
Veils, headpieces: Twigs & Honey
Model: Dominique

Comments

7 Responses to “The New 2012 Collection :: Twigs & Honey”

  1. Michelle
    February 15, 2012 at 8:38 AM

    Congrats! Just amazing photos, you really do have a great team to work with and amazing resources and products that allow your pieces to shine! Love how the feel of everything is so cohesive (and I'm sure very well thought out). Congrats again Myra!

  2. Poppy and Pearl Co.
    February 19, 2012 at 9:38 PM

    stunning pieces! simply gorgeous.

  3. Grace Community Garden
    February 29, 2012 at 10:40 AM

    Beautiful images to showcase these beautiful and astonishing pieces ... so well done! Congratulations!!

  4. melatonin for sleep
    June 12, 2012 at 6:16 AM

    Gorgeous model - indeed :) when we can expect the next session ?

  5. Unknown
    July 5, 2012 at 9:06 PM

    The dress in the 9th picture- is that a current dress? I looked for it on Claire's website everywhere and can't seem to find it :[

  6. Anonymous
    July 10, 2012 at 3:03 PM

    I really like the head piece on the eight picture and I would also like to know the style of the dress who is it from ? It's gorgeous!

  7. ED Treatment
    March 14, 2016 at 5:45 AM

    Hola good work more efforts

Twigs & Honey products

Brand new! Myra Callan Bridal line

Purchase my new book through Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble

t&h_shop Photobucket

Some love

Portland Bride & Groom  Loves Us!

Search This Blog